1/1 Photo of Salade De Riz Madame Bequette(French Rice Salad)
This comes from a community cookbook put out by the American Hospital of Paris. I have posted this for a request. The type of oil and vinegar is not specified in the original, although I have made some suggestions. Prep time assumes you are starting with already cooked rice. This might be an acquired taste for some, and it needs a good deal of seasoning, so please add as much salt, pepper, etc as you feel it needs. The original version called for Tabasco sauce instead of the Dijon mustard, however I really did not care for the Tabasco in this, plus the mustard seemed to fit a French salad more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 4 ripe tomatoes, sliced (farm fresh)
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup pitted black olives (good quality)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat or 1 (6 ounce) can tuna or 1 (6 ounce) can canned chicken, drained and flaked
- 1Set aside 1/2 cup of the rice and a small amount of each veggie type to use as a garnish.
- 2Mix the dressing ingredients with a whisk, seasoning well to taste.
- 3Mix everything together lightly, tasting for seasonings and adding more of anything as needed.
- 4Place a small mound of the reserved white rice in the center and garnish with the reserved veggie pieces.
- 5Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salade De Riz Madame Bequette(French Rice Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.9
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.9 mg
- Sodium 450.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar