Top Review by CookbookCarrie
I really liked this mix. I used 2 Tablespoons of the mix with 1/4 c vinegar, 1/4 c. water and 2 T. Oil and it was great. I gave it four stars because the italian seasoning is a little overpowering, I think I'll cut it back a little next time I make the mix.
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar (any kind)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
SALAD DRESSING DRY MIX
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon powdered fruit pectin
- 6 packets sugar substitute (1 gram each)
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced
- 2 small pickling cucumbers, sliced
- 1 lettuce head, torn into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix salt, garlic powder, seasoning, mustard, paprika, pectin and sugar substitute in jar with tight-fitting lid. Store in a cool, dry place. 20 cal per tsp.
- SALAD DRESSING Whisk dry mix, vinegar, water and oil in a bowl. Refrigerate up to 3 days.
- VEGETABLE SALAD Combine onion, celery, broccoli, tomato, squash, zucchini and cucumbers in large bowl.
- Toss with 1/2 cup dressing.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Spread lettuce over platter.
- Spoon vegetables over lettuce.