Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Luxurious dish of shrimp and mussels in a savory rice mixture with an added hint of ouzo. Posted for Zaar World Tour '06
- 9 ounces shrimp, peeled
- 9 ounces mussels, cleaned
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups water
- 3 medium tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ouzo
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and lightly sauté the onions.
- Add the mussels, shrimp and the tomatoes and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the ouzo then add the rice and saute for two minutes. Remove shrimp and set aside. Add water.
- Season with salt and pepper then cover and continue cooking for a further 15 minutes. Add shrimp back to rice mixture.
- Serve immediately.