Recipe by punkyluv
I found this on the food fit website. I guessed on the times since I have not made this yet but plan to before winter is over/ yum! UPDATE:Made 1-18-09 and it was good. I used frozen green beans ans they worked really well.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 5 cups low sodium vegetable broth or 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 lb fresh green beans, stemmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered and chopped
- 1 cup raw small shell pasta
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to soften. Add the garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the tomatoes, vegetable or chicken broth and herbs, bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer.
- Add the green and cannellini beans and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and pasta and simmer for 10 minutes, or until all of the vegetables are tender and the pasta is al dente. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup in large bowls with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.