Recipe by ShaGun
These are bite-size shortbread-type cookies that are so simple and so popular. They're frequently the first cookie people will eat from my Christmas cookie tray. My mom made these every year for Christmas. She'd roll the dough into balls and we got to dunk the tops in green or red sugar crystals. Now I get to continue the tradition with my sons. My sister makes these for other holidays as well and changes the sugar color accordingly. The recipe is my mom's variation on the recipe from the old Betty Crocker "Cooky Book."
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine, softened
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla (I use almond extract) or 4.92 ml almond extract (I use almond extract)
- 532.32 ml flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 28.39 ml colored sugar crystals (I use red and green)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Mix butter, sugar, and vanilla or almond extract throughly. Mix in flour and salt.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and dip the tops in the colored sugar crystals. Place on greased baking sheet. (Cookies don't spread.) Bake 10 minutes or until set but not brown. Cool.