Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm posting this here for safe keeping as I have already misplaced this recipe at least 4 times. This is supposed to taste just like the creamed corn served at a popular BBQ restaurant in San Antonio, Texas called Rudy's. Since I've never eaten at Rudy's I cannot say for certain whether it does or doesn't taste like theirs. The directions that were provided were not very detailed.
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen corn (cook corn as directed on package)
- 12 ounces butter
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup flour (optional)
- Put all ingredients except half and half in large pot and simmer until heated through.
- Add 1/2 cup half and half.
- Simmer again until all ingredients heated through.
- You can add 1/4 cup flour to thicken if desired.