5 Star Creamed Corn
photo by KitchenMistress
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 lbs quality frozen corn
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 ounces melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 ounces flour
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, not powdered kind
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine all ingredients, except butter and flour. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Blend melted butter with the flour to make a roux.
- Add roux to the corn and mix well.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil until cheese is nicely browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This corn is absolutely fantastic! And very easy to make also. When broiling the cheese topping you need to be very careful for if it's browned too much it is tough and chewy and hard to cut. The corn is also great on its own without the cheese. Thanks for posting this recipe. I`ll be making it for Christmas dinner this year!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Full time working mother of four. I cook for my family every night.