Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious chewy cereal bar filled with crushed peanuts and coconut. A holiday family favorite!
- 5 cups corn flakes cereal
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup crushed unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup Karo light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Butter a 13x9 pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently mix together the Cornflakes, Rice Krispies, coconut, and peanuts. Set this mixture aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the cream, corn syrup and sugar. Cook to the "soft ball stage" or 225 degrees on a candy thermometer. Remove the mixture from the heat, and stir in the vanilla. Immediately pour the syrup mixture over the cereal mixture, and stir gently to thoroughly coat.
- Press the coated cereal into the buttered pan, using a firm pressure to compact the cereal into a dense layer.
- Allow the bars to set overnight before cutting.
- These freeze well, and will keep frozen for up to 2 months.
- ** This recipe can not be doubled and made successfully.