Low Fat Cereal Bars
These are good to eat anytime not only for breakfast. Good for snacks and camping and they're healthy too.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 2⁄3 cup chopped apricot
- 3 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds (I didn't bother toasting them)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted coconut (I don't toast it)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Melt oil, honey, peanut butter in microwave just until easy to mix up, watch careful, probably 20 seconds or so.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Mix all ingredients together and press down well into 8" square pan sprayed with Pam.
- Make sure you press down firmly.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
GOOD! fairly low carb, lower than what you purchase, less calories and healthier. Agree they were too dry and did not stay together well. Changed to: I used brownsugar splenda + 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (1 large apple peel chop & micro until soft), added 2 TBL melted butter, increase peanut butter to 3 TBL. Didn't have apricots or sunflower seed so I used. 1/3 c cranberries, 1/3 c raisins & 1/3 c ground walnuts. Easy to make in advance, cool, cut & wrap individually, store in the freezer. I calculate they are about 15 to 16g carbs. If you need to eliminate the peanut butter, try apple butter or almond butter works well too.