Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A sure to please pasta dish made with a garlicky pureed broccoli cream sauce and topped with Parmesan cheese. Doesn't get any better than this.
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, cut up
- 1 lb rotini pasta (or your favorite)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Cook broccoli in boiling salted water until tender.
- Reserve cooking water and remove broccoli to cool in ice water.
- Replace cooking water on heat and let it return to a boil.
- Cook pasta in water until tender and drain well.
- With food processor running, drop cloves of garlic into top feeder tube and let run until garlic is minced.
- Add broccoli and cream and process until smooth.
- Remove broccoli mixture to large skillet, add butter and heat slowly only until the butter melts.
- Add pasta to broccoli cream and heat through until thickened.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Place on serving plate and top with Parmesan cheese.
This recipe was pretty good. I ended up changing it up quite a bit because I found it a little bland without extra seasoning. I added about half a cup of parmesan to the saucepan just before serving and my boyfriend seemed really satisfied with that. Thank you :)
My vegetable hating kid LOVED this dish. I added the fresh parmesan cheese, and extra garlick, during the cooking process which made it more flavorful.
Needs the parmesan or a strong tasting cheese otherwise it can be a bit bland. Very nice and popular with our 3 year old.