Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I know the title is somewhat vague, but this is what we called it growing up. This is a great recipe, because the ingredients are ones I often have on hand. It makes a lot and is very comforting. The cheese, pasta, tomato sauce and meat are a tried and true combination!
- 35.43 g envelope onion soup mix
- 453.59 g hamburger
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 793.78 g can tomato sauce
- 473.18 ml water
- 709.77 ml rotini pasta
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese
- 236.59-473.18 ml mozzarella cheese, grated
- Brown hamburger.
- Add onion soup mix, oregano, tomatoes and water.
- Bring to a boil, stir in pasta.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until all the water has disappeared.
- Stir in parmesean cheese.
- Top with mozarella and cover until melted.
This was good and easy to make. I like that it was all made in one pot. I followed the recipe as written other then I used crushed tomatoes instead of tomato sauce and beef broth instead of water. I used 2 cups of mozzarella but next time I would use less. I love cheese but I thought it was too much mozzarella. This was a nice quick dinner.
Very good and simple. My kids all enjoyed it, too, which is rare for them all to like something. I did not have the onion soup mix, so I chopped an onion and cooked it with the ground beef. Then, in place of the water, I used beef broth as another reviewer suggested--32 oz of broth (4 cups) because I used a whole box of whole wheat rotini (13 oz). I added a sprinkle of garlic powder, too. I am confident that we will be making this again.
Family loved this. I added 1 can each of kernal corn and sliced mushrooms. Thank you!!