Bacon Tomato Rotini
This is a yummy warm comfort food...a new "twist" on mac and cheese :) The bacon and tomatoes add great taste and it's pretty easy to prepare...all on the stovetop!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled,seeded and chopped
- Cook Rotini according to package directions and drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Blend in milk, stirring constantly over low heat, until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in cheese, parsley, bacon, tomato and rotini.
- Toss to coat evenly and heat through.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was good. I used sun dried tomatoes instead of fresh. I even refrigerated it with the bacon in it and it tastes better the next day. It is a bit much for a family of four so you will have leftovers, depending on how much your family likes it and how hungry they are. BTW, this same basic recipe is on the back of the Muellers Rotini pasta box. Thanks for posting.