The Dampest, Darkest, Deadliest Brownies of All Time
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I found this in a local newspaper several years ago. The title is 100% accurate!
- Ready In:
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, broken in pieces
- 1 3⁄4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a 9-inch-square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat, begin melting the butter.
- When it is half melted, add the chocolate.
- Remove from heat and stir until the butter and chocolate are completely melted.
- Stir in the sugar, salt, vanilla and eggs until smooth.
- Stir in the flour until well-combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour and scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the top is dry but the center is still damp.
- Do not overbake.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack until the brownies are cool and firm, about 30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These are good, but not as good as i had expected. I found them to be too sugary sweet and not chocolate-y enough. Also 375 was too hot, and i had to lower it to about 350 because the edges were cooking too quickly. I probably wouldn't make them again, but my family still enjoyed them. Thanks.Reply
Excellent brownie! When I went to get the chocolate chips out, I discovered we didn't have any. I decided to go ahead and make them anyway. I think I probably would prefer them without the chips. They were definitely chocolatey enough and I enjoyed the smooth creamy texture without the interference of crunchy chips. Thanks, Bunkie, for a great brownie!1Reply