Recipe by French Tart
A favourite "grown-up" summery and romantic dessert in our home! Summer berries - raspberries and strawberries, steeped in Rosé wine with a little sugar. Great by themselves or with whipped cream or crème fraiche. So easy to make - and they work better if made up to 48 hours beforehand. These berries are stunning if used in trifles or fruit fools! Please adjust the sugar to your personal taste and also according to the sweetness of the fruit.
Top Review by flower7
Mmmmmmmmm lovely! Delicious berries, wine, and sugar - how can you go wrong?! LOL I used this to dress up store-bought pound cake. The raspberries I had were pretty tart so I added a little extra sugar to compensate. Thanks for the recipe FT!
- 750 ml rose wine
- 2 -4 tablespoons sugar, depending on sweetness of fruit
- 400 g fresh hulled strawberries
- 400 g fresh raspberries
- cream (optional)
- creme fraiche (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the bottle of wine into a large bowl - add the sugar, and stir to dissolve.
- Add the berries and mix thoroughly - but gently as not to bruise them or break them.
- Cover and store in the fridge for 12 to 48 hours.
- When you are ready to serve them, spoon the berries into a large wine glass or a parfait/pudding glass or bowl.
- Pour the sugared wine over the top and serve straight away, with whipped cream or creme fraiche. Ice cream is also good with this dessert.
- These berries can also be served with shortbreads or cake - and are amazing in trifles!