Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Kraft Food & Family. Perfect for a small dinner party!
Make and share this Rosemary Roasted Chicken & Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 1⁄2 lbs roasting chickens, whole
- 6 tablespoons zesty Italian dressing
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix cream cheese, 1 tsp of rosemary, and 1/2 tsp pepper. Starting at the neck of the chicken, use handle of wooden spoon or fingers to carefully separate skin from meat of the breast, thighs and legs of the chicken. Try not to tear the skin. Spoon cream cheese mixture under the skin; use fingers to push and spread some of the mixture out to thighs and legs. Place chicken in shallow baking pan; brush with 2 tbsp of the dressing.
- Toss potatoes with remaining 4 tbsp dressing, remaining 1 tsp rosemary and remaining 1/2 tsp pepper in separate 13x9" baking pan. Bake chicken and potatoes 1 hour 15 minute or until chicen is cooked through, stirring potatoes every 30 minutes.
- Let chicken stand 10 minutes before serving. Meanwhile, add bacon and onions to potatoes; mix lightly. Spoon around chicken in serving dish. Spoon off and discard fat from reserved chicken juices in pan. Serve chicken and potato mixture with reserved juices.
I only did the chicken this time, and it was lovely! Nice and juicy with a subtle creamy flavor...as much as we liked it though I think next time I'll mix some of the dressing in with the cream cheese and see if that amps up the flavor a bit. Thanks for posting!