Recipe by A Messy Cook
Roasted garlic and fresh rosemary make this potato dish special enough for company. From Light and Tasty’s Feb/March 2006 issue.
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1 large whole head of garlic, outer skin removed and separated into unpeeled clove
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 -5 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine potatoes, onion, and unpeeled garlic cloves in large bowl; add oil and salt and toss to coat.
- Arrange potato mixture in a single layer in a baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray and top with rosemary sprigs.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15-17 minutes or until garlic is tender.
- Remove garlic cloves to cool; stir potatoes and bake 5-8 minutes longer, or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Discard rosemary.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a large bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add mustard and vinegar to mashed garlic, mix well, and stir gently into potato mixture.