Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Roasted garlic and fresh rosemary make this potato dish special enough for company. From Light and Tasty’s Feb/March 2006 issue.
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1 large whole head of garlic, outer skin removed and separated into unpeeled clove
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 -5 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Combine potatoes, onion, and unpeeled garlic cloves in large bowl; add oil and salt and toss to coat.
- Arrange potato mixture in a single layer in a baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray and top with rosemary sprigs.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15-17 minutes or until garlic is tender.
- Remove garlic cloves to cool; stir potatoes and bake 5-8 minutes longer, or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Discard rosemary.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a large bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add mustard and vinegar to mashed garlic, mix well, and stir gently into potato mixture.
My husband loved these. The combination of flavors was great! My husband especially loved the mustard flavoring. I will be making these again! was easy to make as well!