1 hr 20 mins
Rosemary is one of my favorite herbs to work with. This is a great special dinner recipe as it doesn't use "canned" sauce and it uses a lof of great ingredients that blend together to make a wonderful dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 lb chicken breast halve, skin on bone in
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 24 ounces low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Reserve enough rosemary to measure 1/2 teaspoons Chop and set aside. Place chicken and remaining rosemary springs in a medium skillet. Add enough water to almost cover the chicken. Bring to a boil over medium high heat then cover, reduce heat to med low and simmer 10-15 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- 2Place chicken and rosemary on a plate. Shred the chicken, remove the bones, the rosemary stems and finely chop the chicken and rosemary together and place in a medium bowl.
- 3Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add onion and cook until tender. Add mushrooms, bell pepper and wine. Cook 3-4 minutes or until reduced and vegies are tender. Stir in pine nuts and then remove from heat.
- 4In a small bowl mix together all cheese filling ingredients.
- 5To make a sauce, in a saucepan on medium heat, melt butter then add garlic. Whisk in flour and cook 2 minutes stirring constantly. Slowly whisk in milk until well blended and smooth. Then whisk in salt and pepper and cook until thickened.2-4 minutes.
- 6Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 13x9 pan with non stick spray. Spread 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of the pan and then layer as follows: 3 noodles, half of cheese filling, half of vegetables, 3 noodles, 1 cup of sauce, chicken filling, 3 noodles, remaining cheese filling, remaining vegetables, 3 noodles, remaining sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Gruyere and reserved rosemary form the beginning of the recipe.
- 7Bake 20 minutes or until cheese begins to brown and the lasagna is heated through.
- 8Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Chicken Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.7
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 107.9 mg
- Sodium 511.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cooked lasagna noodles