Recipe by Bobbie
I believe I got this recipe from the Food Network. It's so quick and easy to make -- and so delicious. And it makes such a nice presentation served sliced on a platter with fresh rosemary sprigs as garnish. Very, very tasty
Top Review by Jane H.
My daughter was tired of the same old chicken recipes in my rotation and asked if I could fix some chicken with rosemary on top of the stove. I found this recipe after a quick search and boy, am I glad I did! It was delicious!!! My husband came in the kitchen to see what I was cooking because the house smelled so good. It was moist and flavorful, just as the other reviewers said. No vinegar taste or smell, just nicely browned. Served with roasted broccoli and red potatoes. I will be making this often!
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 to 8 oz. each)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (or eyeball it, just enough to coat chicken lightly)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 stalks rosemary, leaves stripped and chopped (about 2 Tablespoons)
- coarse black pepper
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, cracked away from the skin with a whack against the flat of your knife
Directions See How It's Made
- Place balsamic vinegar in one pie plate (or similar container).
- Place the olive oil in another pie plate (or similar container).
- Coat chicken with balsamic vinegar, then olive oil.
- Season chicken with rosemary, salt and pepper and let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat .
- Add chicken breasts and cracked garlic to the pan.
- Cook chicken 12 minutes, or until juices run clear, turning occasionally. The balsamic vinegar will produce a deep brown, sweet finish on the chicken as it cooks.
- Slice each chicken breast and serve on plate.