Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
I believe I got this recipe from the Food Network. It's so quick and easy to make -- and so delicious. And it makes such a nice presentation served sliced on a platter with fresh rosemary sprigs as garnish. Very, very tasty
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 to 8 oz. each)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (or eyeball it, just enough to coat chicken lightly)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 stalks rosemary, leaves stripped and chopped (about 2 Tablespoons)
- coarse black pepper
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, cracked away from the skin with a whack against the flat of your knife
- Place balsamic vinegar in one pie plate (or similar container).
- Place the olive oil in another pie plate (or similar container).
- Coat chicken with balsamic vinegar, then olive oil.
- Season chicken with rosemary, salt and pepper and let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat .
- Add chicken breasts and cracked garlic to the pan.
- Cook chicken 12 minutes, or until juices run clear, turning occasionally. The balsamic vinegar will produce a deep brown, sweet finish on the chicken as it cooks.
- Slice each chicken breast and serve on plate.
Easy Elegance! Fast to prepare and cook with classic Italian ingredients. I used fresh rosemary I had just pinched off my bush. The chicken was moist and juicy. I served it over fettuccine and with steamed fresh broccoli. Husband loved it! Thanks, Bobbie
I accidentally used breast tenders for this, but it still came out tender and juicy!! This was actually very good, even though I was a lil' bit concerned about the vinegar "smell'. But that all cooks off and you cannot even tell it was cooked with vinegar. Very delectable!! Thanks so much!!