Rosemary Chicken Breasts & Brown Butter Balsamic Ravioli
This is from the Food Channel, by Rachael Ray, a wonderful taste and looks beautiful, a little time-consuming but well worth it.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts (6-8 ozs each)
- 2 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar, eyeball it you need enough to coat the chicken lightly
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped and chopped
- coarse black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, cracked away from skin with a whack against the flat of your knife
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cheese ravioli, any flavor, i used buitoni
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, i used 1/2 cup as we like a lot of cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Coat chicken in balsamic vinegar, then olive oil.
- Season chicken with rosemary, salt & pepper and let stand 30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil for ravioli.
- Salt water and drop ravioli in water.
- Cook according to package.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken breasts and cracked garlic to the pan.
- Cook chicken 12 minutes, turning occasionally, or until juices run clear.
- The balsamic vinegar will produce a deep brown, sweet finish on the chicken as it cooks.
- When done, cover.
- When the chicken is 2-3 minutes away from being done, heat a second skillet over medium heat.
- To the second skillet, add butter to the pan and let it begin to brown.
- When the butter has browned, add cooked ravioli to the pan and turn it in the butter to coat.
- Add balsamic vinegar to the ravioli and cook a minute or 2 longer to reduce the vinegar and to glaze the ravioli.
- The vinegar will become thick and syrup like.
- Add cheese, parsley, salt & pepper to the pasta and remove the pan from heat.
- Serve chicken with ravioli.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation