1/1 Photo of Rosemary Chicken and Potato Pizza
1 hr 25 mins
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
This is a delightfully different pizza from the California Pizza Kitchen Cookbook. It's a bit fussy, but most of the parts could be done in advance and then assembled when you're ready to eat. Use whatever crust you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
garlic shallot butter with lemon
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1/3 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chicken base or 1 teaspoon bouillon cube
- 1/2 lb red new potato
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Grilled garlic chicken
- 1garlic-shallot butter with lemon:.
- 2melt 1 T butter in a nonstick saucepan over medium high heat.
- 3add shallot, garlic and thyme.
- 4cook, stirring until mixture is light brown 7-8 minutes.
- 5add salt, pepper, wine, lemon juice and chicken base.
- 6cook till mixture is reduced to about 1/2 cup (toward the end, reduce heat to low and stir frequently to prevent scorching).
- 7Remove from heat, quickly and thoroughly whisk in remaining 4 T butter.
- 8Rosemary potatoes:.
- 9preheat oven to 325.
- 10combine sliced potatoes with garlic, oregano, rosemary, white pepper, salt and olive oil; coat thoroughly.
- 11transfer the potato slices to a sheet pan; spread them out in a single layer, do not overlap.
- 12discard leftover marinade - do not pour it over the potatoes.
- 13cook the potatoes in the preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes.
- 14some of the slices may need to be flipped over to promote even browning.
- 15remove the potatoes from the oven when they begin to brown.
- 16use a steel spatula to remove the potatoes from the sheet pan.
- 17place potatoes on paper towels at room temperature to drain off any excess oil. do not refrigerate.
- 18Grilled garlic chicken:.
- 19combine garlic, soy sauce, salt and olive oil. marinate the chicken breasts in the garlic oil for about 15 minutes.
- 20grill the chicken breasts for 5-7 minutes on each side (discard uncooked marinade).
- 21remove the cooked chicken from the grill and chill thoroughly.
- 22cut into 3/4 inch cubes and set aside in refrigerator.
- 23to make pizza:.
- 24preheat oven to 400.
- 25prepare pizza dough, and spread out onto your favorite pizza pan (use your favorite dough, homemade or storebought).
- 26use a large spoon to spread garlic shallot butter over the surface of the prepared pizza dough, within the rim.
- 27cover the butter with the mozzarella.
- 28distribute the grilled garlic chicken evenly over the cheese.
- 29sprinkle the rosemary and oregano over the chicken.
- 30place the rosemary potatoes over the other toppings, spaced abotu 1 inch apart.
- 31transfer the pizza to the oven, bake till the crust is crisp and golden and the cheese at the center is bubbly, about 12-15 minutes.
- 32when cooked, carefully remove the pizza from the oven.
- 33sprinkle half the parsley over the hot potato topping.
- 34slice and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary Chicken and Potato Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (1007 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2330.7
- Calories from Fat 1593
- Total Fat 177.0 g
- Saturated Fat 74.0 g
- Cholesterol 470.9 mg
- Sodium 6114.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 107.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
recipe pizza dough