Recipe by carolinajen4
I got this recipe from my favorite cookbook from Coastal Living. They are just as delicious as they are beautiful! I will make sure to take pictures the next I make these. They are a great addition to any appetizer party, wine tasting, whatever!
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs, may substitute toasted fresh breadcrumbs)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 11 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 small plum tomatoes (Roma)
- pesto sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish. Stir in butter; set aside.
- Combine goat cheese, pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
- Cut tomatoes in half horizontally; trim a small amount from rounded edges, if necessary, so halves will stand upright. Remove seeds and pulp. Spoon about 2 teaspoons goat cheese mixture into each half.
- Dip tomato halves, upside down, in breadcrumb mixture, coating cut edges generously. Place right side up on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer tomatoes to serving platter. Drizzle with pesto.