Provolone Pizza (Provolone, Roma Tomato & Fresh Basil Pizza)
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb pizza dough, refrigerated
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 lb provolone cheese, sliced
- 5 roma tomatoes, sliced
- salt & pepper
- garlic powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out dough. Coat pizza pan with the olive oil and spread out rolled dough evenly to all edges of pan. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese. Top with sliced provolone then place tomatoes on top of cheese. Season with salt, pepper, & garlic powder to taste then sprinkle the fresh basil evenly all over pizza.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes or until crust just golden brown. Slice & serve.
Join The Conversation
This was very good. I liked the fact that there wasn't any sauce. I added sliced green olives on top as I was making this for myself and my DIL, and we both LOVE green olives on our pizza. Pizza is such a versatile item, and this is a great starting point. I made this with recipe #70165 which has become my go to dough recipe. Thanks for posting this great recipe.
This is our favorite way to do pizza too except that I skip the parmesan. If it's just us I chop up my tomatoes so the whole thing doesn't slide off in one bite, lol. However, for presentation purposes slices do look a lot better. I use about 6 different types of basil (depending on what is ready to be cut) so every week this pizza changes a bit. I'll try it with the parm. next week as I didn't know this was already posted.