Recipe by ms.susan
This is my signature sauce. The aroma will waft through your house and make everyone anticipate the meal! It's light but REALLY delicious! I have added meatballs or sausage to this recipe, but it's wonderful as is!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
GREAT TASTING SAUCE, & just the thing for my son & his wife who are wanna be vegetarians! Made up a double batch &, after tasting it for myself, sent it home with them! Almost reduced the amount of chili flakes, but am glad that I didn't ~ The taste was just right! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees for this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Add olive oil, minced garlic cloves, and chili flakes to a cold frying pan.
- Heat to medium/high. Do NOT brown the garlic!
- As soon as the aroma of the garlic and chili flakes begins to escape, add the canned tomatoes, salt and 1/2 the basil.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add water.
- Lower heat and simmer for at least 1 hour.
- Reduce sauce by half.
- When ready to serve, garnish each plate with leftover fresh basil.
- Serve over your favourite pasta shape.