Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was very suprized not to fine this recipe on Zaar. This makes such a great salad that everyone will love. So easy to put together, and tastes amazing. Enjoy
- 2 heads romaine lettuce (washed and tear into bit size pieces)
- 1 cup pecan halves (toasted)
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place lettuce, pecans and oranges in salad bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until well mixed.
- Make ahead and refrigerate until ready to toss with salad.
- Use extra dressing for dip with fresh fruit!
Such a simple salad, but so pretty, and so tasty. The dressing made twice as much as I needed, but all to the good because we will glady have this salad again today. I used white balsamic vinegar, which is fairly sweet, so I reduced the sugar by half (actually, I used 3 packages of Equal), and it was perfect for us.
This is an excellent salad. Very summery and refreshing. I used olive oil, and white wine vinegar because I had them on hand. I wish I hadn't put the whole batch of dressing in at once, it was a little heavy on the (delicious) dressing. Next time I will start with half and see if I need more.
Toasting the pecans makes all the difference! This salad is definitely a keeper. Make sure to toss with the lettuce RIGHT before serving. You don't want a salad this good to get soggy!