Mom of 3 hungry boys's Note:
I bought a cookbook for my son - BH&G Anyone can cook - since he is going to culinary school and we are his guinea pigs -lol. He made these for me before and OMG they were the best - so for Mother's Day he made them again for me by Special Request. Gotta luv that boy. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do - I'm not a marshmallow fan so we generally leave those out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or 1/2 cup sour milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line a 13x9x2 inch baking pan with foil, leaving about 1 inch of foil extending over the ends of pan; grease foil; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and 1/4 tsp salt; set aside.
- 4In a 2 qt saucepan combine butter, water, and the cocoa; bring to boil, stirring constantly. Add to flour mixture; beat with electric mixer on medium speed.
- 5Add eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla; beat for one minute.
- 6Stir in 1 cup of the chopped nuts. Pour into lined baking pan.
- 7Bake in preheated oven about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 8Sprinkle remaining chopped nuts and marshmallows over hot brownies.
- 9Top with chocolate drizzle (directions for drizzle below).
- 10Cool in pan on wire rack; remove brownies from pan using foil to lift; place on cutting board; cut into bars.
- 11Chocolate Drizzle.
- 12In medium saucepan combine 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces, 1/4 cup whipping cream and 2 tbs butter. heat and stir over medium-low heat until smooth.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rocky Road Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.3
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Sodium 171.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 3.1 g