Delicious Rocky Road Brownies
I first tasted these when my mom used to make them when I was a child, and although that was many moons ago, they still make me feel like a kid when I eat 'em! The melted chocolate drizzle at the end makes these brownies rich and very chocolaty!!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine (I use butter)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- For the brownies, melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan over very low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove chocolate/butter mixture from heat and stir in the sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Be sure to mix well.
- Blend in the vanilla.
- Combine flour and salt, add to mixture and blend together.
- Spread the batter into a buttered 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool brownies in the pan on a rack for 10 minute.
- While brownies are cooling, melt butter and chocolate in saucepan for topping.
- Sprinkle brownies evenly with marshmallows and walnuts.
- Return brownies to oven and bake another 3 minutes.
- Remove brownies and drizzle with the melted chocolate.
- Cool in pan, then cut into squares or rectangles.
- If you want to reduce the calories, just cut the marshmallows to 1 cup, and omit the walnuts, but if your gonna eat brownies WHY would ya do that?
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
WOAH! these were SOOO delish. what a perfect brownie recipe! I covered half with marshmellows (for me), and left the other half plain (for my hubby), covered all of the brownies in the topping chocolate and left the walnuts out all together. they are very rich but completely awesome! thank you for a keeper! these are going straight into my zaar stars cookbook, for if I could give you 10 stars, I would!!!Reply
WOW!! These delicious brownies are dense, fudgy, and oh so rich!! They are definitely a chocoholics dream come true!! I made them as written except that I substituted milk chocolate chips for the semi-sweet (personal preference), and added an extra TBS. of butter to the topping for easier drizzling. My family loved these and claimed them a big winner. Thanks Oz for winning the football pool so I had the opportunity to make these.Reply