Recipe by Acceptance
A basic spinach salad with the perfect compliment dressing. A favorite for dinner on its own or with a slice of quiche and a bottle of crisp white wine. Recipe was shared by friends during our rock n roll days and brings back fun memories every time we have it!
Top Review by chefess
I misplaced my all-time favorite Spinach Salad recipe and went looking for one that sounded similar. The dressing portion of this one wasn't even close to my old favorite, it was better AND easier. The DH is stingy with compliments, but he loved this dressing. Hard to believe there's a whole onion whizzed up in it!
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 lb cooked bacon, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, pour vinegar, oil, ketchup, worcestershire, sugar, salt and onion. Blend till smooth.
- Tear the spinach leaves in bite-sized pieces into a large bowl. Toss in mushrooms, hard-cooked eggs, waterchestnuts and the crumbled bacon.
- Pour all the dressing over the salad and mix very well.
- Get a glass of wine and dig in!