Baby Spinach 'n Pineapple Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drain and set aside juice)
- 5 cups baby spinach leaves
- 6 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 2 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup diced green onion
Pineapple Salad Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- reserved pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place spinach in a salad bowl and top with rest of salad ingredients.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Heat salad oil in a skillet and add the sesame seeds and brown.
- Add remaining dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a covered jar and refrigerate for several hours.
- Shake well before using.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I was hoping to find a spinach salad that was a little bit different and this was it! We absolutely loved this. The flavor of the pineapple was such that I think this would also go well with Hawaiian or Asian foods and would be the perfect side for that stir-fry with few or no veggies. Thanks for sharing. ~Lorie