1 hr 45 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1* Candy flavoring is carried by a lot of grocery stores, near the baking aisle with candy-making and cake decorating supplies.
- 2Bring the water to a boil in the saucepan.
- 3Remove from heat; add 3 cups of sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- 4Slowly add the remaining sugar, reheating the water if necessary.
- 5When all the sugar is dissolved, pour the mixture into 3 heat proof jars or glasses.
- 6Stir 3 drops of liquid food coloring and 1/2 teaspooon candy flavoring into each jar.
- 7Tie each length of string around a pencil.
- 8Lay one string on top of each jar so the strings hang down into the liquid.
- 9Crystals will begin to form in 1 hour, and continue to solidify for several days.
- 10If a layer forms on the surface of the jar, break it.
- 11When liquid completely evaporates, candy is ready.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rock Candy
Serving Size: 1 (1857 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1548.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 399.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 399.2 g
- Protein 0.0 g