Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is simple and a lot of fun to make. Make sure the color matches the flavor, or mix and match, to make people guess the flavor! :-)
- In a medium-size heavy saucepan combine sugar, water, light corn syrup and salt, and Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Cover pan and bring to a rolling boil.
- Remove lid and insert a candy thermomater and cook until temperature reaches 250 degrees F.
- Add food coloring, stirring with metal spoon until thoroughly mixed.
- Continue cooking until the temperature reaches hard crack, or 300 degrees F.
- Remove pan from heat and let it cool about 3 minutes, then add flavoring oil, and mix it very well.
- Cover the pan and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the candy into greased molds (for lollypops) or a marble slab or into a greased shallow pan.
- As soon as it is cool enough to handle, cut into squares with scissors or roll into balls or shapes.
- Or, another option is to let the candy cool completely, then break the candy into bite-sized pieces with a cleaned hammer or the blunt end of a butter knife.