Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here's another of Robin's "fast and fabulous" recipes, this time a yummy, spicy, full-of-shrimp-and -chicken jambalaya. You can adjust the heat in this meal by adjusting the amount of cayenne used. You can even leave out, if you wish.
- 2 (822.13 g) can diced tomatoes
- 1 chicken breast, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 453.59 g andouille sausage, sliced into pennies
- 354.88 ml celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 9.85 ml cajun seasoning
- 14.79 ml cayenne pepper
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 566.99 g shrimp, cleaned and cooked (you can buy them this way)
- 946.36 ml rice, cooked
- Put the first 10 ingredients into your large crockpot and use a spoon to gently mix together.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on LO for 3-3/4 hours. Now add to crockpot, the cooked shrimp and rice so they can heat up. Just before serving add salt to taste.
- To serve: Spoon onto plates or soup bowls 6-8 and enjoy a hearty meal.
- NOTE: You may wish to keep the rice separate from the jambalaya mixture. In this case, drop a spoon or two of rice into center of plate. Spoon jambalaya mixture around and over the rice.