Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
Here's another of Robin's "fast and fabulous" recipes, this time a yummy, spicy, full-of-shrimp-and -chicken jambalaya. You can adjust the heat in this meal by adjusting the amount of cayenne used. You can even leave out, if you wish.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 chicken breast, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lb andouille sausage, sliced into pennies
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 lbs shrimp, cleaned and cooked (you can buy them this way)
- 4 cups rice, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the first 10 ingredients into your large crockpot and use a spoon to gently mix together.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on LO for 3-3/4 hours. Now add to crockpot, the cooked shrimp and rice so they can heat up. Just before serving add salt to taste.
- To serve: Spoon onto plates or soup bowls 6-8 and enjoy a hearty meal.
- NOTE: You may wish to keep the rice separate from the jambalaya mixture. In this case, drop a spoon or two of rice into center of plate. Spoon jambalaya mixture around and over the rice.