1/1 Photo of Roasted Vegetable Pita With Creamy Feta Dressing
Developed for the RSC#7 contest, I believe this is a winner! Roasted eggplant, onions and peppers with a creamy yogurt feta dressing will delight the senses!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Roasted Vegetable Filling
- 1 cup eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chickpeas (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (you may use green)
- 1 small onion, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, shredded
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1/4 tsp dried)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 -4 pita pockets, halves
Creamy Feta Dressing
- 1Prepare and cut the vegetables. Combine in a mixing bowl all of the above ingredients, except the tomatoes, basil leaves, dressing, and pita halves. You may leave the chickpeas out, if you wish.
- 2Toss vegetable mixture to lightly glaze the vegetables with olive oil.
- 3Spoon vegetable mixture onto a broiler pan or cookie sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Broil 5 minutes, add tomatoes and basil leaves to vegetable mixture and stir. Baste with additional marinade and broil for an additional 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender and lightly browned. Tomatoes and basil should be just warmed; if you prefer the tomato softer, add with vegetable mixture at the beginning.
- 4Prepare the dressing while vegetables are broiling.
- 5Divide the vegetable mixture evenly between pita halves. Drizzle with Creamy Feta Dressing. Serve.
- 6Creamy Feta Dressing:.
- 7Combine all ingredients except the dill into a blender and blend until smooth.
- 8Scrape the sides of the blender as needed. Add more milk as needed to get a consistency that is rather thin and pourable.
- 9Pour into a bowl and sir in dill. Add more lemon juice if a tangier taste is preferred. Enjoy! This makes enough for 2-4 servings.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Vegetable Pita With Creamy Feta Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (1123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 755.4
- Calories from Fat 477
- Total Fat 53.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 1665.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 16.8 g