Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
To me there is nothing better than roasted vegetables. This is a great side dish that can be served with any type of meat or seafood.
- 8 medium summer squash, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 6 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 red onions, cut into quarters
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (or more as needed to coat)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dried)
- fresh grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a 10x15 baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- In large mixing bowl combine all vegetables and toss with olive oil and seasonings coating evenly.
- Transfer vegetables to foil lined baking dish and place in single layer.
- Place in oven and roast for about 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until soft.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with freshly grated parmesean cheese, if desired.
I TOTALLY "love" roasted vegetables and this recipe certainly is a no brainer. When I make just a plain chicken, I strew carrots all around, many many, and it's terrific but this is simply divine. Thanks. Lolly