Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: A trio of lacy potato cakes filled with roasted vegetables and fresh herbs, topped with sauteed lime shrimp. Accented with dollops od cumin spiked sour cream.
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh asparagus tips, diagonally sliced
- 2 cups fresh cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh green onion, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 1 cup red bell pepper, seeded and small diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil, divided
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground, divided
- 2 1⁄2 lbs Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 eggs, slightly whipped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons roasted garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 18 shrimp (peeled and deveined, medium-sized)
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup cumin cream, see recipe below
- 8 fresh cilantro
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, finely grated
- Place the cut vegetables onto a baking pan; drizzle 1 cup of the olive oil over the vegetables and season with HALF OF the kosher salt and black pepper. Toss to evenly coat the vegetables with the olive oil and seasonings.
- Place the baking tray of vegetables into a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are lightly roasted. Remove from the oven to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl place the Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes with the flour, eggs, Asiago cheese, and fresh herbs and seasoning; gently combine; taking care not to over mix. Add the roasted vegetables to the potato mixture and mix. Cover the bowl with saran and refrigerate for 20 minutes to chill.
- Place the remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil into a mixing bowl; add the remaining Kosher salt, black pepper, shrimp, fresh herbs, mustard and lime juice; mix to evenly coat the shrimp with the herb oil. Refrigerate the shrimp mixture for 10 minutes; allowing the flavors to marry.
- In a large non stick skillet heat ¼ cup of the vegetable oil over medium high heat; in batches place 1/4 cup portions of the vegetable potato cakes into the skillet; gently flattening to about ½ inch thick circles. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown. Gently turn each potato cake over using a wide spatula; sauté the second side for an additional 2 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove the potato cakes from the skillet and hold in a warm area on absorbent paper. Cook the remaining potato cakes using additional vegetable oil as necessary.
- Heat a separate non skillet over medium heat; add the shrimp marinade to the pan; in batches place the shrimp into the skillet; taking care not to over crowd. Sauté the shrimp for 2-3 minutes or until firm and pink; using tongs remove the shrimp from the skillet and reserve in a warm area. Sauté the remaining shrimp using leftover shrimp marinade.
- To serve:.
- a. In the center of 4 decorative serving platters arrange 3 Roasted Vegetable Asiago Potato Cakes.
- b. In the center of each Potato Cake place a dollop of the Cumin Crème.
- Celsius Decoratively arrange a single shrimp on top of the Cumin Crème.
- d. Garnish each platter with 2 sprigs of fresh cilantro; and enjoy!
- Cumin Crème:
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix using a whisk. Cover the bowl with saran and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- 2. Gently stir before serving.