This recipe is from a free recipe book from Philadelphia Cheese upon the purchase of 3 products. I love soups and I love sweet potato (very diabetic friendly) so looking forward to winter to trying this.
- 1 kg sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
- 1 onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 head garlic (broken into cloves and peeled)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1419.54 ml chicken stock
- 250 g cream cheese (light cubed)
- 1.23 ml salt (or to taste)
- 1.23 ml pepper (or to taste)
- 29.57 ml parsley (for garnish)
- 6 slice ciabatta (or other crusty bread to serve)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Toss the sweet potato, onion and garlic in oil.
- Place on a lined oven tray and bake in oven to bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until tender.
- Place the roasted vegetables in a large saucepan with stock and bring to the boil and then remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly and then blend with a stick blender in the pot or in batches in a food processor and return to the pot.
- Whisk in the cream cheese into the soup until smooth and simmer for a further 5 minutes until well heated.
- Season to taste and serve in bowls and garnish with parsley and serve with crusty bread.