Recipe by bert
A nice change from your regular potatoes.
Top Review by teacherprof
My family ate every morsel! Excellent and easy recipe. I followed the recipe using fresh herbs EXCEPT I used sweet potato and finished softening the potatoes for an extra 10-15 minutes using the stove top. The potatoes stayed moist and very yummy! A 5-star easy side dish! :)
- 4 medium potatoes (about 1 1/3 lbs)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450.
- Grease bottom and sides of baking sheet with shortening.
- Cut potatoes into 1-inch chunks.
- Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Add potatoes; toss to coat.
- Spread potatoes in single layer in pan.
- Bake uncovered 20- 25 minutes, turning occasionally, until potatoes are light brown and tender when tested with a fork.