Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Great tasting potatoes
- Wash potatoes well in lots of cold water.
- Cut in half or, if potatoes are larger than egg size, in quarters.
- Let potatoes soak in cold water for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and put them in glass baking dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes.
- Distribute parsley over potatoes.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Scrape potatoes from bottom of dish and turn about every 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Not bad, just ok. Was very disappointed, as I fixed these to serve with a pork crown roast and while they looked nice, the taste was e just ok. I followed the recipe as written, though when I put the olive oil on potatoes, thought it looked like a ton, so pour some off and set aside - I did toss the potaoes every 20 minutes as stated - never needed additional oil - again just ok -will not bother with them again - Too much effort for too minor results
I cut the recipe down to 4 potatoes. What to do with the oil is not actually mentioned in the directions for the recipe, but I assume that the potatoes are tossed with the oil before sprinkling with parsley. I'm trying to restrict fat a bit, so I used olive oil in a spray can to lightly coat the potatoes instead. I'm not much of a fan of dried parsley, but recipes that use fresh parsley with vegetables are great and I really enjoyed what the olive oil-parsley combination did for the potatoes. A great dish and so easy for when you have a fair amount of time for roasting but not a lot for preparation.
Easy and delicious! I only used about 8 potatoes and I loved this! Thank you Jac!