Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I tried this recipe at a party while on a vacation in California. It is great side dish for grilled poultry or burgers and I like to double the amount of dressing that the recipe calls for and eat it slightly cold. Warm or cold, you may eat this anyway that you like.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cleaned,scrubbed,dried,and cut into quarters,then into 4 pieces
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 10 -15 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole (depending on your taste)
- 4 fresh rosemary
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 -6 green onions, thinly sliced
- freshly grated black pepper
- In a large baking pan, toss in the potatoes, 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic cloves and fresh rosemary.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes, mixing occasionally.
- After baking, discard rosemary sprigs, but save softened garlic cloves.
- For the dressing, in a separate bowl, whisk the red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and olive oil.
- Add softened garlic cloves, mashing into dressing.
- Toss in green onions and season with salt and black pepper.
- Pour this dressing over the roasted potatoes (when the potatoes are slightly warm to absorb the dressing) and mix well.
- Serve warm or cold.