1/1 Photo of Roasted Red Pepper Quiche
1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tart shell
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, m inced
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup finely grated gruyere cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- whole chives, for garnish
- 1Prepare prebaked tart shell for custard-filled tart or pie.
- 2Heat boiler.
- 3Broil pepper about 4 inches from heat, turning as needed, until blackened on all sides, 15-20 minutes. Let steam in closed plastic bag or covered bowl 5 minutes to loosen skin.
- 4Peel off blackened skin, then cut out stem. Cut pepper in half, remove seeds and white pith, and cut into 1/2-inch strips.
- 5Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 6Heat butter in small skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Let cool.
- 7Whisk remaining ingredients except whole chives together in mixing bowl, then whisk in cooled shallot. Place tart pan on baking sheet. Pour egg mixture evenly into tart shell. Arrange pepper strips in sunburst pattern on tart and place whole chives between strips.
- 8Bake tart until custard is set and pastry is lightly browned, 15-20 minutes. Transfer tart to wire rack and let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red Pepper Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.9
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 100.1 mg
- Sodium 158.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: