Roasted Poblano Pepper Quiche
photo by ElizabethKnicely
- Ready In:
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 6 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup shredded jalapeno cheese or 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- fresh fruit, for serving on the side
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place the 3 peppers on a baking sheet.
- Roast the peppers in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until skin begins to shrivel. Remove from the oven and let cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, chopped onions and cilantro. Whisk in the cumin, garlic salt and pepper.
- Add the pie crust to a lightly greased 9" pie plate.
- Once the peppers have cooled, cut the core and seed out of the roasted peppers. Peel any skin off that will come off easily. Then chop the peppers into small pieces. Stir them into the egg mixture and then pour into the pie plate.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until egg bounces back in the middle of the dish. Remove from the oven and sprinkle a thin layer of shredded cheese on top. The heat from the quiche will melt it quickly.
- Serve the Roasted Poblano Pepper Quiche with fresh fruit.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
29 year old wife and mother of 3 who is obsessed with meal planning.