Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tasty snack to make using fresh pumpkin seeds, or squash. I like to experiment with this recipe using garlic powder,cayenne pepper, and coarse salt. Use whatever spices you like!
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds, from fresh pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix
- Wash seeds and dry throughly.
- Saute seeds in oil unti lightly browned.
- (use large frying pan) Transfer seeds to baking pan.
- Mix in Salad dressing,until seeds are well coated.
- Spread seeds in single layer.
- Bake at 325 degree 20-25 minutes, or until crisp.
- Stir often.
- Store in zip-lock baggies.
- Keeps up to 3 weeks.
Fantastic!! I am doing my second batch right now... I was so impressed I had to take a second and post a review!!
Absolutely fabulous recipe. We carved 3 large pumpkins this year and ended up with about 6 cups of seeds. I used this recipe and did half with the ranch dressing mix and half with kosher salt. All turned out wonderful. I'm hosting a Halloween party in a couple days and these are being saved for the party. Too good to not share with all my friends.
OMG these take pumpkin seeds to another level! I didn't measure anything.... but yum!