BBQ'd Spice Rubbed Chicken Breast
photo by Vicki in CT
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, medium grind
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon coriander, ground* (optional)
- 2 dried bay leaves, crushed*
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Spice Mix: Blend all dry ingredients,* Coriander and bay leaf can be ground in a spice or coffee grinder.
- Chicken: rinse chicken in cold water and pat dry, season chicken liberally with spice rub.
- To cook: Start gas grill or charcoal bbq; if using gas grill, turn one side down to a low heat while keeping the other side on med/high, If using charcoal grill push coals to one side.
- Place chicken breast on the grill( away from the fire) skin side up; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes(Check to make sure there is no flare ups if using a gas grill).
- Turn chicken over onto direct heat, cover and cook for 5 minutes more or until chicken is well browned, and cooked through, enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I liked this spice mixture...some heat with a tiny bit of sweet. I sprinkled it on boneless chicken breasts and "grilled" them under the broiler. My husband and I liked the kick, but my boys thought it was a bit too spicy so use sparingly for wee ones. I'd like to try this same rub mixture on other meats.