1/5 Photos of Roasted Potatoes With Rosemary, Lemon and Thyme
from Fine Cooking #88. I love roasted potatoes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lemon, zest of, large removed in long strips with a vegetable peeler
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil, more as needed
- 4.92 ml chopped fresh rosemary
- 4.92 ml chopped fresh thyme
- 453.59 g potato, peeled, scrubbed, and cut into 1-inch pieces (red, yellow or russet)
- 2.46 ml kosher salt, more to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1In a small saucepan, combine the lemon zest and oil. Set over medium-low heat and cook until the lemon zest bubbles steadily for about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and let cool briefly, about 3 minutes. Stir in the herbs and let sit at least 20 minutes before using.
- 2Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 475°F Line a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet with parchment. In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes with the infused olive oil, the salt, and a few grinds of pepper.
- 3Turn the potatoes out onto the baking sheet and arrange the pieces so that they are evenly spaced and lying on a cut side. If the pieces cover the baking sheet sparsely, arrange them toward the edges of the baking sheet for the best browning. Pick out and discard the pieces of lemon zest. Roast the potatoes until browned on bottom, 10 to 15 minutes. Flip and continue to roast until tender, 5 minutes.
- 4Return the potatoes to the bowl in which you tossed them with the oil, or put them in a clean serving bowl. If they seem a bit dry, drizzle them with a little more olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Potatoes With Rosemary, Lemon and Thyme
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.9
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 450.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of