- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, small and firm
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions, cut into chunks
- 8 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450°F Peel the potatoes, cut into quarters, and rinse with water.
- To ensure that the potatoes remain crisp, they should be completely dry before cooking.
- Place the butter and oil in a roasting pan and place in the oven to heat.
- When the butter has melted and is foaming, add the potatoes, red onions, garlic and rosemary.
- Toss well and then spread out in a single layer.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast for about 25 minutes until the potatoes are golden and tender when tested with a fork.
- Shake the pan from time to time to redistribute the potatoes.
- When they are cooked through, season with salt and pepper.
- Note: Salt the potatoes a few minutes before the end of cooking, as this will help them retain their shape.