Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
I realize that this recipe isn't for everyone. But if you like anchovies, like I do, please try these potatoes. I think that you will enjoy them.
- 2 lbs small white potatoes, quartered (use the boiling potatoes that are about 2-inches in size)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Adjust the rack to the lower third and preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss the potatoes with the salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large, shallow pan (1-inch deep). Roast, without turning or stirring, until the underside are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the anchovies, lemon juice, and remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Turn the potatoes over with a spatula and roast for 10 minutes more. Toss with the garlic and roast for 5 minutes more. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the anchovy mixture, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.