Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Seasoned small potatoes suit grilled foods perfectly; the skewers make for easy eating.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small potatoes, such as purple Dutch yellow, fingerlings, new reds
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Soak four 8-inch wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Scrub potatoes.
- Cut any large potatoes in half.
- In a large saucepan cook potatoes, uncovered, in boiling salted water to cover for 5 to 10 minutes or until almost tender. Drain.
- Or place potatoes in a microwave-safe bow with 2 tablespoons water, cook covered, on 100 percent power (high) for 5 to 7 minutes or until almost tender.
- Preheat oven to 475 degree F.
- Thread potatoes on the 4 soaked wooden skewers.
- Place kabobs on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter and olive oil.
- Brush potatoes with butter mixture.
- Sprinkle with thyme, salt, and pepper. Roast, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Very easy to make. Very good flavour.The only thing I did different from the recipe was to use dried thyme. I'll be making these again. Thanks for posting.