Recipe by JeriBinNC
This is my very favorite roasted red pepper dip. The color makes it great for Halloween, too.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 3 large sliced roasted peppers
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 dash fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over low heat until the butter melts.
- Add the onions and cook over low/medium-low heat until the onions are golden brown color. Don't rush it; this will take about 30 minutes. Just make sure to stir them every so often so they brown evenly.
- Add the peppers, tomato paste, lemon juice, and thyme to the onions and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Process until smooth in a blender or food processor.
- Add the ricotta and Parmesan cheese and process until the mixture is smooth and well-mixed.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled. May be made up to 2 days ahead of time.