Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Roasted vegetables have a flavor all their own, These veggies go well with a pot roast.. Sometimes I also add regular potatoes thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb sweet potato, peeled & cut in 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 lb turnip, peeled & cut in 3/4 inch cubes
- 10 cloves garlic, unpeeled,but cleaned
- 1 lb onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1⁄2 lb carrot, peeled cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat a large roasting pan in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle 1/2 tbsp oil into the pan.
- Put in all the veggies and toss to mix.
- Drizzle remaining oil over the veggies.
- Season with salt& pepper.
- Cover tightly with foil and roast for 30 minutes remove foil and bake a further 15-20 minutes or until the veggies are cooked but still slightly crisp.
These veggies taste excellent! The roasting brings out the natural sweetness and the herbs lend a nice aroma that blends well. I used fresh herbs instead of the dried and they gave a lot of color to the dish since you have to use more in substitution; otherwise I think a bit of parsley might be pretty. I used all the veggies called for in the recipe but next time I think I might try a potato/onion/garlic/herb mix; there are so many possibilities! Besides the pot roast mentioned, I think this would also go great with roasted chicken. This is a recipe I will use again and again. Thanks, Bergy, for a great recipe!
This was a good side dish and if the pepper is omitted it fits into my husband's new diet (designed for blood type O) and utilizes a lot of foods considered highly beneficial for him.
This was wonderful!!! I made the full recipe just for DH and myself, and can hardly wait for the leftovers tonight. I made this with a pork roast, I think it will go well with any roast.