Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simply delicious version of mashed potatoes.
Make and share this Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Basil and Sun-Dried Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons snipped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon mashed roasted garlic
- 4 -6 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil the potatoes in lightly salted water until they are tender.
- When cooked, drain the potatoes and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, drained, the butter, basil and garlic.
- Beat to mix together.
- Add 4 Tbs of the half and half, the salt and pepper.
- Add the additional half and half if the potatoes seem dry.
- Serve immediately.
I also had trouble roasting the garlic. Mine came out hard so I ended up with minced garlic sauted and that worked just fine. I also added a 4 oz. cream cheese and they came out creamy and delicious.
My fussiest son said this was "delicious". I forgot to buy the cream so used milk and it was fine. Only one remark, I'm a cook, so knew how to roast garlic, perhaps Tish needs to explain that step to others. Fantastic combo of flavours!
Excellent recipe, thouroughly enjoyed with our Thanksgiving turkey. I used sundried tomatoes in oil and left out the butter. I used my mini chopper to combine the garlic, basil & tomatoes. Excellent flavor